Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Starting a New Year....

I have always wanted to start a new year in a positive note, but never been able to do so. One way or the other I always ended up screwing the new year day. This year I was pre determined to make it great. Luckily for me my running mates came with a simple plan of doing a 5K run at the Elliott's beach, and a breakfast at Murugan Idly shop. My last good run I had was in September 2007 when I did a 28 KM in 3.20 Hrs. I got injured, traveled to a non runnable place and here am back at my beloved chennai and was trying to run for the past two weeks. Trust me, the most difficult is getting back to your usual self in running after being in a prime form. It was painfully difficult for me, but I was advised by a friend not to push too much, but to take it easy and run regularly.

For the past 2 weeks I was trying hit the road daily and I was doing it. But the run was still painful. Today run was a total surprise for me. There are about 14 of us today for the run. I completed the run in about 30 minutes comfortably with Ram and Hari running with me. I guess the main difference was running with the group. It was great fun to meet the guys after a long time.

As I was about to finish the run, I was thinking about what would be my goal in running. The most satisfying thing would be a "Runner for Life". That's a huge dream, but that's what I want to be. I sincerely hope that I could be one.

It feels so good to start the year on a great note.

No comments: