Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A tribute to the Immortal:

Everyone wants their hero's, idol's to be immortal. One such person to me is Rangarajan popularly know as Sujatha in tamil literature world and the cine world. He expired last week after a brief illness. An engineer by profession, he is a multi faced personality. He is widely respected in IT, multimedia, literature, cinema and many others. The depth of knowledge he poses in each of the field was amazing. He introduced sci-fi genre to the tamil readers in the 80's. One of his most popular work, "En Inniya Iyandira" was a story set in future where the world will be ruled by robos and computers. That was the first novel I have read in tamil. There are time when I have read magazines just for his article. Tamil cine industries most talented directors of this era, Mani Ratnam and Shankar both preferred Sujatha for dialogue's in almost all their movies. As I see Tamil literature world and Tamil has a lost irreplaceable genius. He is an immortal with his words and lives in the hearts of his fans.




Following is the tribute written to the great man by one of the writer friend of mine, reproduced here with permission.

SUJAATHAA... ....

My respects to the man.
Sometimes had his hands on my pen.
Sometimes had his words on my mouth.
Sometimes had his chair on my brain.
Sometimes had his laws on my books.
Goodbye, my man.

Natarajan Srinivasan.

2 comments:

Lakshmi said...

Oh ! I wasnt aware of this...

Preethi said...

very touching.... and yes how true tamil film industry's loss is gr8 indeed... I remember 'en iniya iyandira' If i'm not wrong it came as a T.v. serial. It was all so futuristic and very exciting. Closest we got to Star trek :) nyway thanks for stopping by in my blog....