Tuesday, July 24, 2007

One Day At Bangalore

Bangalore - the Silicon Valley of India, fastest growing city in India, where 2nd largest number of millioners dwell in the country, has always been somewhat unlucky for me. When I was searching for a job, I was desparate to get a job there, and it eluded me for about 6 months there. I'm not sure why I could not get in to a job in a simple company there, but I got in to a pretty tough company in chennai. Ok, that was two years before and I got a chance to go to Bangalore again for a small work. I was bit afraid about my unlucky charm in the city as this was a very important work. But surprisingly I really had a very interesting experience this time.


My train was scheduled at 1.20 PM and I had a pretty long run that morning. I mean real long, around 15 K. I went for a run at the ECR with the chennai runners from the the toll gate to the Mahaballipuram. I was dead tierd when I went for the train and to travel in the afternoon was the worst possible time to travel in this part of the country. Luckily I was bit prepared with some books. So I was able to kill some time with it. One of the interesting thing to happen in the train was my fellow travellers. A young foreign couple were sitting next to me. I struck a conversation with them. They are Camilla and George, and they are from England. They are touring south east asia for 6 months with their school sponsoring the trip. They had just finished their trip of Sri Lanka and they are on their way to Bangalore. I was just amazed to hear the account of their trip. I really wish that I had the chance to visit the places I wanted to visit, with someone sponsor(and with a girlfriend :)). It was good talking to them, and I was surprised when they told that they do not have any contacts in Bangalore or any where in India and they simply land some where, book the hotel, roam around and leave. I liked the adhoc way they are roaming. Whenthe train reahced Bangalore, I wished them luck and gave a bit of an advice not to stay late in the evenings in Bangalore, as it is not safe. I also took a picture of them.



A friend of my Brother In Law, Mr Chanrda was travelling with me and we got a good dinner at a hotel next to station. That was very surprising as one of the main reasons I was afraid Bangalore was the food. But that hotel really good. We got a very good hotel to stay. Chandra told me that we need to be there at the place of work by 9.00 in the morning. So, I kept my alarm for 7.00 and I was very happy to do that after a week as I was getting up around 4.30 to 5.00 daily. Saturday was the worst as I got up by 3.20 for the long run. The sleep was instant.

Next day the work was smooth and it got finished by 2.30 in the afternoon. I got some sleep and went out for some shopping around majestic. There was a huge bridge build upon over the bus stand. Only then I understood the charm of Bangalore. Within10 Minutes I would have heard Kannada, English, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi. It was really amazing to find people with
so many culture and language in a city. It felt good to be in the city when you are pretty relaxed and able to observe other people in the city. The night I had my dinner in the same hotel and this was also pretty good. All in all this is my best experience in Bangalore for the first time.

No comments: